Home Learning Summer 2020
- Complete 30 minutes worth of tasks for each ‘lesson’ as set by your teacher on Show My Homework. If you have not completed all two/three tasks in 30 minutes, we’d advise you skip to the quiz. People process and work at different speeds, so you may not always complete all tasks – that is okay! Your well-being is more important at this time, so please don’t feel overwhelmed.
- Make sure you include the title and date at the top of your work. Don’t forget that every title has a ? and needs to be underlined.
- Please complete tasks in your exercise book or on lined paper [kept in a safe place], so that you can show it to your teacher when you return to school.
- As usual, key information is underlined or in bold to help you complete tasks.
- Answers to quick starts and fact-based tasks are included in each lesson, so that you can check your own learning properly. Remember to mark and correct in green.
- The final task for each lesson is a knowledge check quiz – this is set on SMH for you. Make sure that you have completed the lesson tasks before completing the quiz. Teachers will use your quiz scores to assess your learning.
- There are lots of challenge tasks included for those who want to know more. Any ‘challenge’ tasks are completely OPTIONAL
- There is no expectation for you to print anything out!
Wider reading / watching:
There are lots of challenge options for wider reading and watching in the lessons set on SMH for you.
Here is also a general list of book, films, podcasts and more!
Knowledge Organisers & Revision
Year 7 KOs
Year 8 KOs
Y8 Revision Guidance Feb 2020
Additional (OPTIONAL) revision support packs
Revision Lesson (in case you missed it, or want to check over the answers)
Year 9 KOs